Information About Bucket Tooth
Excavator bucket teeth are the main vulnerable parts of the excavator. Similar to human teeth, they are composed of tooth seats and tooth tips. Just point it.
1. The structure and function of bucket teeth
Divided according to the bucket tooth seat. The bucket teeth of excavators generally have two structural forms, which are direct-mounted and horizontal-mounted. The direct mounting type means that the pin shaft is installed vertically to the front of the excavating bucket teeth; the horizontal mounting type means that the pin shaft is installed parallel to the front of the excavating bucket teeth.
(direct mount/horizontal mount)
Direct installation: It is more convenient to disassemble, directly from the top, and has a large operating space. When excavating, the straight-mounted tooth pins will be squeezed by the excavated materials in front. If the excavation force is large, the clamping force of the expansion spring cannot meet the requirements, which will easily cause the tooth pins to fall off.
Therefore, the direct loading type is generally used on excavators with smaller excavators and lower tonnage.
Horizontal mounting type: It is not very convenient to disassemble, the side operation space is small, and it is difficult to apply force. When disassembling a single bucket tooth, special long rod tools must be used for disassembly and assembly in sequence. During excavation, the front side of the horizontally mounted tooth pin will not be subjected to the extrusion force of the excavated material, and can withstand a relatively large excavation force. However, when the expansion spring is subjected to reciprocating lateral force during use, it is easy to wear and fail, resulting in tooth failure. The pin falls off.
Therefore, the horizontal type is generally used on excavators with a digging force of more than 20 tons.
Classified according to the environment in which the bucket teeth of the excavator are used. Excavator bucket teeth can be divided into rock teeth (for iron ore, quarry, etc.), earth square teeth (for digging soil, sand, etc.), conical teeth (for coal mines). However, the shape of bucket teeth of different brands of excavators also has its own characteristics.
(Rock tooth/Earth square tooth/Bevel tooth)
Why do excavators need bucket teeth? From so many bucket teeth, we can also see:
1. Protect the whole bucket. Bucket teeth are wearing parts. Because the bucket wears a lot during operation, the addition of bucket teeth protects the bucket to a certain extent.
2. Make the operation more precise. For the work that requires delicate operation, it cannot be realized without bucket teeth.
3. Easy to dig and shovel. The bucket teeth are tapered, and there is a gap between the bucket teeth, so that the force of the entire bucket is small, the pressure will be greater, and the work will be smoother.
4. After digging hard things, it can act as a buffer for the whole machine.
2. Selection of bucket teeth
Bucket teeth generally have the difference between cast bucket teeth and forged bucket teeth. Generally, forged bucket teeth are more wear-resistant and harder. The service life is about twice that of cast bucket teeth, and the price is about 1.5 times that of cast bucket teeth.
Casting bucket teeth: The method of casting liquid metal into a casting cavity that adapts to the shape of the part, and waiting for it to cool and solidify to obtain parts or blanks is called casting. Castings are prone to pores and form trachoma, and their mechanical properties, wear resistance, and service life are lower than those of forgings.
Forged bucket teeth: use forging machinery to apply pressure to special metal blanks, extrude them at high temperatures, refine the crystal material in the forgings, and make them plastically deformed to obtain certain mechanical properties. Metals can be improved after forging. The structure can ensure that the forged bucket teeth have good mechanical properties, are more wear-resistant, and have a longer service life.
Of course, when purchasing bucket teeth, we also need to look at the working environment in which the excavator is used to determine the type of bucket teeth.
Generally, flat bucket teeth are used for digging soil, loose sand, etc.
Secondly, RC-type bucket teeth are used for digging massive hard rocks, and TL-type bucket teeth are generally used for digging massive coal seams.
In addition, in the actual operation process, most people like general-purpose RC bucket teeth. The editor recommends not to use RC type bucket teeth under normal circumstances, and it is better to use flat teeth, because after a period of time, the front of RC bucket teeth is worn and enlarged. Excavation resistance wastes power, while flat teeth always maintain a sharp surface during wear, reducing excavation resistance and saving fuel.
3. Suggestions on the maintenance of bucket teeth and prolonging their service life
1. During the use of excavator bucket teeth, the outermost bucket teeth of the bucket are 30% faster than the innermost wear parts. After a period of use, the bucket teeth can be swapped inside and out.
2. The driver of the excavator should try to dig the bucket teeth perpendicular to the working surface during operation, so as to avoid breaking the bucket teeth due to excessive inclination angle.
3. Do not swing the excavating arm left and right when there is a large resistance. This will easily cause the bucket teeth and tooth seat to break due to excessive force on the left and right, and the design of the force on the left and right is not considered.
4. It is recommended to replace the tooth seat after 10% wear of the tooth seat. There is a large gap between the worn tooth seat and the bucket teeth, so that the cooperation between the bucket teeth and the tooth seat and the stress point occur. Change, the bucket tooth breaks due to the change of the force point.
KWA0100 TRACK MASTER BUSHING 70090-32091 Kubota Digger Heavy Duty Tooth
2813345 PIN New Holland Case Weld On Adapter 7704803DS, 87415240, B91340
KAA1201 TRACK MASTER BUSHING
160440A1 BUSHING Case New Holland 3C Series Bucket Adapter 7834-3C, 704802DS, 81825748, E46262
S6027833 PIN Purchase and Maintenance of Bucket Teeth
A29417 BUSHING D3NN302B Ford New Holland DENGO 2500 TOOTH ROUND HOLE
169287A1 PIN Ford New Holland Tooth Adapter 7704302, 2740W23
D54013 BUSHING 70713-51270 Kubota style Nut
159692A1 PIN 251481 New Holland Ford STD Tooth 250
6011568M91 PIN Kubota Fastener Spring Washer 04512-60160, 04512-70160
C3430935 PIN Purchase and Maintenance of Bucket Teeth
D31219 BUSHING Kubota Fastener Nut UNF 1/2/8N VN30550800
3443845M1 BALL JOINT
200215A2 PIN K5371-34372, K5371-34370 Kubota style Blade Bolt M12x1.25″